Singer Educational Center, 1407 Crescent Dr., Corpus Christi, TX
Meeting the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
Program: 10 am – 11:30 with Show and Tell. Workshops: 1 pm – 3 pm
Program and workshops
January 14 – 10 am: Program Reverse Applique – we will have our friend and “winter Texan” Jan Foulk present and explain her beautiful reverse appliqué projects.
Workshop – 1 – 3 pm: Make a reverse appliqué project
- knit T-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Blue jacket style (first pictured) 1 and a half yard of woven fabric that contrasts knit shirt.
- Black jacket style (2nd pictured) 1 yd of woven contrasting shirt.
- Small T-shirt design 1/2 yd woven fabric contrasting shirt.
- Sewing machine with accessories, scissors, thread to match T-shirt fabric and basic sewing tools.
- If using a sweatshirt, with bias binding and design around sleeve edge, it would be helpful if neckband and cuffs are removed and sleeve seam stitching is removed (so sleeve can be laid flat to work on). [A long sleeve T-shirt can be made into lighter weight jacket in place of sweat shirt.]
February 11: PROGRAM – Let’s get our Fitting Figured Out! Patty Dunn and Sarah Pitzer will show you general fitting solutions by discussing different fitting issues. If you want to be an example, bring something that doesn’t fit and we will discuss solutions.
March 10: “Let’s look at FOOTWEAR” Sarah will talk about footwear you can make and the success that can be yours sewing footwear.
- For upper part of slipper, please pre-quilt 1 fat quarter with batting and lining.
- Fabric for sole of shoe 1/4 yard.
- Quarter inch presser foot.
- Trim fabric (that goes around shoe) 1/4 yard.
- Sewing machine with quarter inch presser foot and regular sewing supplies (scissors, seam ripper etc)
- Thread to match project.
- Pattern and sole foam will be provided.